Saturday, July 01, 2006

I, ME, MYSELF

I not much of a writer or anything but i tend to put my thoughts on paper. Now this a sort of a introduction for those you don't me as yet.
I was born in shillong, meghalaya on the 5th of March(the year is not be spelled out..hehe). My father was with the Controller and Auditor General of India. We were in all three brothers and sisters. Just two years after my birth we shifted base to Varanasi, due to my father's deputation there. My schooling started at St. John's School, DLW, Varanasi. Is was a ideal school for growing up with optimum impetus on public schooling way of teaching. The one tragedy which struck on our family was the tragic death of my elder and one and only sister due to blood cancer. The date still hounds my mind - 26.02.1982.
I was in Varanasi till 2nd standard after which the shifting bug bite us. We went to delhi then, there i studied in DAV public school, R.K.Puram (now does r.k.puram remind u of some recent happenings!! huh!!). After three years when i had completed my 5th standard in school, the goddess of shifting hit us once again. phew !! We found ourself's back to Varanasi. I lucky got into the same school. I completed my schooling from that school afterthat. That school has given me truck loads of memories. I found two friends whom are inseparable from my scope of thought. I need to mention them - Anupam Asthana a.k.a Aloo & Amit Kumar Sharma a.k.a sharmaji. I was complete nerd, jerk, say whatever u like, at school. After all i was a bong and was ready to be eatten up by all the surrounding UP-ites. Studies were at the back tier of my mind, i am paying the price now for such a behaviour now.
As i mentioned two of my friends and me had a fantastic time together. We have done thing which other children at that time used to just dream of. Gone r those days !!
My college was from Kolkata. Oh, I forgot to mention we shifted to our own house in Kol after my dad had retired from service. The college was South City College, I did my bachelor's there. Anyways, I am surviving and am in kolkata now working for a MNC as Operations/Admin - Team Leader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home