Tuesday, July 04, 2006


I LUV MY MOM

................................she died on 07th October, 03

Some people may think why I thought to write this almost three years after her death. There is one and only one reason. It took those many a months to realize that what a gaping hole she had left in my life. As the time passed on the inevitable truth became a ugly realization that my mother is no more beside me.

I LUV U MOM
may i be your son if i am born again on this earth.

About her:

She was born on the 13th of October, 1939 in Shillong, Meghalaya.(Ain't it ironic she died in the same month on which she was born)I have never seen somebody like her, she was extremely kind hearted. Never in my life have I seen her do something without sharing it with her close one's.

For some strange reason I was the closest to my mom amoung the three brothers & sisters we are. I saw her battle a disease all thru her life without even complaining for once, she was an Asthma patient. She could not do her daily choros without having some pills which would keep the asthma at bay. But her will power and a strong heart kept her moving where anybody else would have given away.

She was a perfect mother and raised her children as simply as possible, that is why maybe we are what we are today. She loved to read books and listen to music. I had promised to fill her with music and books when i would be earning but that never happenned. She could not even wear the first ever sari i had given from my first salary during durga puja. Unlucky Me..............

I am rather losing my words now.............will slowly complete the whole blog...........

THIS IS FOR U MOM..........LUV YA !!

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger Supratim Kar said...

A good piece Baloo! We take a lot of things for granted and get lost in that eternal cycle of life. I miss Ma an awful lot, now more so that I am in Cal. Two long years is when I last saw her and the pain is for real.

I know she is well wherever she is now. No more troubles and pai for her and that is what I pray for everyday.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Amit Kumar Sharma said...

I remember Aunty as a great homemaker. She made wonderful food and her kichen used to be soo clean. I do not remember seeing her angery ever! She was so calm and contained that once I fell off my bicycle trying some stunts and hurt my knee and instead of going back home I went to Dev's house coz I was sure that aunty will get me the adequate medication and keep it a secret :-D (and I was sure I would get a good one from my parents for riding recklessly :-p).

She made wonderful food and took my side when Dev used to call me MOTAA !

We will always miss you Maa....

-Amit, Dev and Anupam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home