Sunday, July 16, 2006

" THE PRESENT "

Just finished reading a book which was incidentally given to me by my Manager, it is a book by Spencer Johnson and is called THE PRESENT.

Maybe, just maybe my manager got a hint that I was going thru a bumpy ride in my life and decided to inject some extra fuel into me. The book has helped me in more ways than one but how much i can put it use in real life is mystery for me to resolve.

Now the book is all about this women Liz, who's broke and does know how to cope with what's happenning in her life. She decides to meet Bill, who on the contrary was enjoying great success in life. Bill then narrates a story to Liz which at the end sums up something like this --

" It is important to focus on what's happening now and gaining the benefits today. We can become more effective and successful by simply progressing toward what is important each day, one day at a time. Its all about enjoying the work or whatever you are doing now. You can learn from the past but it is not wise to be in the past and the future is uncertain and you can in no way be prepared for it. So THE PRESENT is now and how we respond to it. "

LIVE FOR THE MOMENT AND HAVE THE FULLEST OUT OF IT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home